Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Contest Submission 1: Missed Connections Can Work Out!


Submitted by Me (KatieG)

I thought I would get the ball rolling on this contest by submitting my own personal Craigslist Encounter: Meeting my boyfriend on Craiglist after he posted a Missed Connection for me.

The following Missed Connection was posted on NYC's Craigslist on March 12, 2008:

FOR KATIE

Hi Katie,

I'm not sure how to do this without sounding like a stalker, but I came across your Myspace page (I know, I know) and I just wanted to say hi. It looks like we have a lot in common...we've both written about Craigslist, we've both lived in Austin, and we're both really funny (and I'm modest!). =-)

Anyway, I'm on tour with a show right now but I'm coming back to the city in a couple of days.

Dinner sometime?

It turns out we did have a lot in common, and we began dating!

I posted this Missed Connection on NYC's Craigslist for him this past Valentine's Day: February 14, 2009, to pay homage to our meeting on Craigslist!

FOR BRANDON

You posted for me here, almost a year ago now. 

I am happy you found me, and even more happy to be your Valentine.

Dinner sometime?




No comments:

Post a Comment