Monday, April 27, 2009

The Cast Speaks: Michelle O'Connor, The Barker


Michelle plays so many instruments in this show...sometimes two at a time!

We are off! The new cast is incredibly talented and comedically diverse. It is a lot of work putting this freak show together - but so much fun!!!

The script itself is hitting me in a very different way during this run. I am blown away by how strange people are (not the cast - well, they are strange - but I am referring to "Craigslisters") - it amazes me that every story inside this play comes from a real entry on Craigslist.

I am enjoying sinking my teeth into the darker side of the site - even though it is mostly all comedy - and let's face it - Craigslist is the greatest tool for finding an apartment in NYC (however, not necessarily a sane roommate) - all is not funny. The idea that we have become a society of pretenders and "isolates" is sad. The loneliness and the disturbing desires. It is all there.

But not to worry commitment phobes - this play doesn't stay in any one place for long!

-Michelle O'Connor, The Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment