Friday, April 3, 2009

Contest Submission 6: Handsome Juror at Mock Trial

Submitted by Jay in New York, NY

My roommate is in law school and needed me to be a juror for a mock trial. I agreed, and much to my surprise, there was a very attractive guy sitting in front of me in the "jury box". This guy was SEXY! During the deliberation I saw a good bit of his personality: he was smart, funny, laughed at my jokes, and just seemed like a really decent guy. So, on a lark, I decided to post something on Craigslist under Missed Connections.

Anyhow, I posted this little thing (see below) and kind of expected that it wouldn't ever get to him. Then, next thing I know, I got an email from THE GUY!!! So, after 24 hours of consternation and misgivings and behaving like a 12-year-old girl, I finally called him.

We had our first date this past Tuesday. It was actually really nice. He wants to see me again when he gets back from traveling, so I guess it was a success. We shall see...

My original post to Missed Connections on Craigslist:

Handsome juror at mock court this morning/afternoon -m4m-34 (Union Square)

I've never done this, but you've compelled me to summon the courage. You were one of the other jury members for a mock court this morning/afternoon at Cardozo Law School. The charge was arson. You had a shaved head, a tiny gold hoop in your right ear, a sexy beard, a red/white plaid shirt, beautiful eyes, and a magnetic personality. Clearly smart and funny, you had me cracking up during the deliberation, which you kind of led. Even though we disagreed about the verdict (I was sitting directly to your right), I bet we could have some very interesting and entertaining conversation. You said you were single, so maybe I could take you to dinner?

His email response to me:

How hilarious! This just got to me from the friend who invited me to the mock trial. Ironically though, the Jewish mother to my left was all, "What do you think about the guy behind us. Cute, right?"

I'm game for a date.

1 comment: