Monday, April 20, 2009

Contest Submission 8: Craigslist informed me my relationship was over

Submitted by Kelsey in Brooklyn, NY

It's pretty much just like the title suggests: I went onto Craigslist one day and saw the following post:

NEED TIPS FOR BREAKING UP WITH MY GIRLFRIEND

I have to break up with my girlfriend. Tonight. I can't do it anymore. Things have been bad for awhile now but this is the worst. Last weekend we went to her cousin's wedding out of town and she got drunk and told her entire family that I got fired from my job. I overheard her telling her brother that she hopes I don't think she's going to support me, and that if I didn't find another job soon she was going to kick me to the curb. She also said that I gave her "hideously ugly" earrings for her birthday that she only wears when I am around. What a bitch.

Do I just come right out with all of this or do I tell her its just not working out? Path of least resistance!

I wish I could say that his post was a lie, but that's pretty much the way it went down. Yikes!

Terminally single,
Kelsey

1 comment: